Let it be said that I like working with flavors that a lot of people don’t really think about. That out of the way, I bought this instant vanilla chai powder mix a while back with the intention of making something with it that wasn’t an actual drink. Eventually I’ll get around to making a cake or cupcakes with it, but my first stop was a cookie mainly because they’re so easy to knock out.
Based on a sugar cookie recipe that I found on AllRecipes with a couple tweaks to suit my needs these Vanilla Chai Chocolate Chip cookies are just different enough to make it seem like you really know your way around the kitchen even if you really don’t. This is the vanilla chai powder mix I used in case you were interested:
Vanilla Chai Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes roughly 36 cookies
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 and 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 and 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of chocolate chips of your choice
- 4 tablespoons of vanilla chai powder mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix softened butter and sugar to creamy consistency.
3. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix.
4. Add dry ingredients and continue to mix.
5. Mix in chocolate chips.
6. Drop spoonful of cookie dough onto baking/cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack (or as I do, a giant platter)
I think you and everyone who gives these cookies a bake will enjoy them, they’ll also be very tasty without the chocolate chips, you’ll get more of that chai flavoring if you do it that way because the chocolate chips may be a tiny bit overpowering depending on what you use. In any case, make yourself some of these cookies, grab a nice cold glass of milk and get ready for something a little different. Tell me what you think by posting a comment or liking the post, sharing with a friend, etc. It’ll keep me motivated to post more often.