Oh, hey! It’s been a long while since I last posted anything. So, out of sheer boredom and curiosity I’m back posting a recipe. This one based off of a simple classic: Lemon poppyseed bread. But, since I don’t really do normal, I’m turning them into cookies and adding dried cranberries.
So, this time around I’m stealing from a couple recipes from TastesLovely and MomOnTimeout and taking what I like from each and adding in and taking away as I see fit. Anyway, let’s go ahead and hop right into it.
Lemon Poppyseed Cranberry Cookies
**Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies using medium size cookie scoop
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt (plain, vanilla, Greek, whatever)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of poppyseeds
- 3/4 – 1 cup of dried cranberries to your liking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugars together
- Add egg, yogurt, and lemon extract and mix.
- Add poppyseeds, baking soda, and flour about half a cup at a time to avoid a mess. Mix.
- Mix in dried cranberries.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake 13-18 minutes until slightly brown on the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool. You may consider transferring to a cool sheet or dish to prevent cookies from overcooking and drying out.