I guess if you’re going to take a shot at something you may as well go as all out crazy as you can think of. I was tipped off to Slutty Brownies by a coworker who asked if I could make them, so I did and they went over pretty well. If you don’t know about slutty brownies they’re a pretty crazy three layer brownie with cookie dough on bottom, Oreo cookies in the middle and a layer of fudgy brownies on top. Super sweet and all kinds of yum, but I don’t like Oreo’s very much, so after the first go I thought that a way to make these even better would be to use Nutter Butter cookies because those are at least a thousand times better than Oreo’s any day of the week. I’ve almost completely cut out packaged cookies all together since I think I could make stuff infinitely better, but so could anyone. Anyway, since I’m experimenting with Nutter Butter’s I figure I may as well add peanut butter chips to the cookie dough, so we’re going chocolate chip peanut butter cookie dough, Nutter Butter, and on top a Nutella brownie. Hence, Slutterella Brownies, (Slutter Butter Brownies was my first thought) and before you kill me for the name, I didn’t come up with it, so take it somewhere else.
Here we go with the recipe, I hope you’re ready.
- 10 tablespoons of butter (1 stick plus two tablespoons)
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 of a cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of Nutella or other hazelnut spread
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar to dust the brownies afterwards (optional)
Nutter Butter layer:
- 1 package of Nutter Butter cookies
Cookie dough layer:
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips
Starting with the brownie layer
1. Melt butter in saucepan. Once melted add sugar and cocoa powder then whisk well.
2. Add two eggs, salt, and vanilla and continue to mix be careful not to let eggs sit or they may cook in hot mixture. Mix in flour then set aside.
On to the cookie dough layer:
3. Cream butter and sugars together.
Protip: Before you throw away that wrapper from the stick of butter, go ahead and smear it all over your baking pan/dish so that you don’t need to spray it down.
4. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix.
5. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix well. Mix in chocolate and peanut butter chips. Set your dough aside.
Let’s put it all together!
6. At this point you can preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
7. You can line a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray it down or if you’re like me just grab one of those inexpensive foil pans from your local dollar store. Spray with non-stick stuff or use the wrapper from the butter stick like I mentioned above.
8. Drop your cookie dough into the bottom of the pan and make an even layer to form the base of the brownies.
9. Go ahead an open that package of Nutter Butter cookies and layer them over the cookie dough mixture. Don’t double down, this thing will be sweet enough when all is said and done, just stick with a single layer.
10. Pour brownie mixture on top and make sure it’s nice and even.
11. Throw this ol’ girl in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with toothpick or whatever to make sure it’s cooked. Once your toothpick/testing device comes out clean go ahead and remove this from the oven and let it cool. Once cool dust with powdered sugar.
12. Enjoy with milk/ice cream or whatever else strikes your fancy.
I got a ton of compliments from my peeps at work, I think they’re way better than the Oreo version I made before, but that’s my personal opinion. Another thing to note is that you would never know there’s Nutella in here, the peanut butter is king here, the chocolate is second, hazelnut flavor is nowhere to be found, but that’s also not my intent, so if you really want the hazelnut flavoring you’re going to have to increase the amount from half a cup to 3/4 or maybe even a full cup. It’s your choice. Do with it what you will, I’m just providing a basic blueprint for one of the best brownies I’ve ever made. Make it your own like I made it my own, but you’ve got to try this, you will not be sorry…unless you eat the whole thing.
Hey, if you like this thing I made, you know what to do. Thanks for taking a peek. Until next time.